Current as of 17 October 2023
) via the website located at www.deltalabs.com.au
1. What is "personal information"?
1.1. The Privacy Act 1988
(Cth) currently defines "personal information" as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
2. What information do we collect?
2.1. The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use
2.2. We may collect personal information about our:
- clients, potential clients and their personnel;
- suppliers and their employees;
- employees, contractors, former employees or contractors;
- prospective employees or contractors; and
- business associates.
2.3. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include but is not
- name and date of birth;
- contact details;
- username and password;
- employment history; and
- education and qualifications.
How we collect your personal information
3.1. We may collect, use and or hold personal information from you whenever you input such information into:
- the website; and or
- our external recruitment platform, Delta People Portal, operated by ELMO Software, a third-party recruitment software provider (ELMO), and its third-party integration platforms including SEEK, LinkedIn and Indeed.
3.2. We do not collect cookies on this website.
4. Purpose of collection
4.1. The purpose for which we collect personal information includes but is not limited to:
- providing you with the best service experience possible on the website;
- conducting our business, including the development of the services provided to you and our clients;
- improving the website, including the compilation of anonymous statistics profiling the visitors to our website including date, time and duration of visit;
- marketing our services;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including where required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement;
- recruitment purposes, in particular the Delta People Portal operated by ELMO Software and its partners, including SEEK, LinkedIn and Indeed; and
- other legitimate business matters.
4.2. By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it were material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
5.1. We customarily disclose personal information to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
5.2. We may disclose your personal information for the reasons it was collected, including
- you expressly or impliedly consent or request your personal information to be disclosed to a third party;
- required or authorised by law; and
- disclosure to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other regulatory or government authorities is required or authorised by law.
6. Linked sites
6.1. Our website may contain links to other third-party websites, including our external recruitment platform, Delta People Portal, which are not operated by Delta (Linked Sites
). Delta’s Career Statement, which applies to all personal information collected by us via the Delta People Portal, can be found at: https://deltalabs.elmotalent.com.au/careers/careers/pages/privacy
7. Access and correction
7.1. Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out in clause 10 below.
8. Complaint procedure
8.1. If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by us and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
9. Overseas transfer
9.1. Your personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside Australia unless you expressly request us to do so. If you request us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and we will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
10. How to contact us about privacy
10.1. If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on: email@example.com